Raising awareness, decreasing stigma . . . Journeying alongside one another
The Mental Illness Stigma Coalition (MISRRC) will continue brainstorming to plan 2017 programs on Tuesday, October 18th by conference call. To accomodate schedules, two conference calls will be held at 1:00 pm and 7 pm. The call-in information is at the end of this message.
MISRRC Program Possibilities at Libraries, Schools, and Churches – Please select 2-3 programs for 2017
1. Parent programs for parents with children who need help—working with Parent Coordinators at Milwaukee Public Schools
2.Training programs for MISRRC members to offer mental health programs and where to turn for help after being trained
3. Prevent Suicide programs
4. Family-to-Family 12 week classes for families who have a loved one with a diagnosis of one or more mental illnesses (in partnership with NAMI Greater Milwaukee)
5. Peer-to-Peer 12 week classes for people with mental illness trained by people with mental illness (in partnership with NAMI Greater Milwaukee)
6. A.S.K. (Access, Support, and Knowledge) Program – What does mental illness look like? (in partnership with NAMI Greater Milwaukee). 2016 Programs continue through December; please see attached flyer)
7. A.C.E. (Adverse Childhood Experiences) – in partnership with St. Aemillian’s. 2016 Programs continue through November. Please see attached flyer.
Please contact me if you have questions.
MISRRC (Mental Illness Stigma Reduction/Recovery Coalition and
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. (R) – Upsilon Mu Omega Chapter